DIRECT: +613 9341 8124
- Environment Victoria calls for independent assessment of the Trans Pacific Partnership
- Hazelwood coalmine fire inquiry to reopen
- Brown coal imposes $800m health cost annually on Victorians
- Madigan’s musings threaten Murray Darling Basin Plan’s promise of certainty
- Climate variability out, climate change in
Fracking ban delivers for the environment and communities
30 August 2016
The Andrews Government’s decision to ban unconventional gas mining is a welcome and decisive step to protect Victoria’s natural environment, water resources and agricultural land.
Welcoming the unconventional gas ban, Environment Victoria CEO Mark Wakeham today said:
“This is a very positive decision from Premier Andrews and Resources Minister Noonan. The risk of irreversible environmental damage from unconventional gas mining is far too high and the prospect of fracking has been distressing for communities across the state.
“The decision recognises the...