EnviroWatch 2013: Three years in...
After three years under the Baillieu/Napthine Government, we've assessed the delivery of their election promises on the environment and also assessed significant actions taken that were not foreshadowed prior to the election.
The audit, entitled “Envirowatch 2013: Three years in”, found that of the 58 environmental policy commitments made ahead of the election:
- 16 commitments have been delivered in full
- 9 commitments have been partially delivered
- 5 commitments have not yet been delivered
- 13 commitments represent a backwards step for our environment
- 13 promises that were made have been broken
- 2 commitments are no longer applicable.
It also assessed 31 significant environmental actions that were not part of the Coalition’s election platform, and found that:
- 25 represent a backwards step for our environment
- 6 represent a forwards step for our environment.