Sign the petition to our state and federal water ministers.
Tell them to stop the rorts and restore our rivers.
After years of alleged corruption and mismanagement, our rivers are on the verge of collapse.
Native fish are suffocating by the millions. Towns and regions are drying up.
The $13 billion Murray-Darling Basin Plan is supposed to restore our rivers to health.
But a new investigation has revealed secret deals undermining the Basin Plan and ripping the lifeblood out of our rivers.
It’s time to fix the mess on the Murray-Darling.
Sign the petition to our state and federal water ministers. Tell them to stop the rorts and restore our rivers.
How we can do that:
1. Stop the rorts – Initiate a gateway process to undertake rigorous independent assessment of all environmental water recovery projects before funding or works.
2. Put a watchdog on the block – Establish an independent Federal Basin Plan Regulator to ensure compliance.
3. Secure water for First Nations – Address urgent threats to cultural values throughout the Basin by securing Strategic Indigenous Reserves and funding for cultural flows.
4. Find out where we stand – Conduct a full independent audit of environmental water recovery to date, including water availability for provision of environmental flows.
5. Revive our rivers – Restore buy backs to stop over extraction and ensure our rivers are resilient in the severest of droughts.
These measures are essential to restore public trust and confidence in the delivery of the Basin Plan. The health of our rivers and communities depend on it.