Welcome to our Annual Report
At Environment Victoria, we have a vision of Victoria being a global leader and national catalyst for solving our climate and sustainability crises.
This year, against a backdrop of continued federal inaction on the major environment challenges of our times, we made some serious progress towards achieving this vision:
- Victoria’s greenhouse gas pollution fell by 10 per cent in the first full year after Hazelwood’s closure. More than $300 million is being spent to diversify the Latrobe Valley’s economy away from coal.
- Victoria’s Renewable Energy Target of 40 per cent by 2025 was legislated and is driving investment in new renewable energy projects.
- The Andrews government launched a massive plan to put solar on 650,000 more homes in the next decade.
- We made some progress in the ‘War on Waste’ with a $37 million recycling industry rescue package and a new state government ban on single-use plastic bags.
- Our One Million Homes campaign secured a commitment to energy efficiency standards for all rental properties across the state.
- The state’s Environment Protection Act was improved, including greater powers for communities to enforce pollution laws.
None of this would have been possible without the generosity of thousands of people who contributed their time or money to caring for our environment, so thank you for your incredible support. Read more in our 2017-18 Annual Report below.
Read the Annual Report below or download it here.