The Boomerang Alliance works with business, government and the community to campaign for:
- Extended Producer Responsibility for all products that pose a problem
- Waste levies in each state
- Shifting the cost of managing waste to those who make the products
- Developing the systems to help companies take-back their products at the end of their lifecycle
- Providing incentives for waste to be reprocessed locally and for alternative technologies to be used
- Encouraging new markets to grow around environmentally friendly products (including those that are made out of recycled material)
We’ve also developed a National Recycling Initiative: a series of proposals that we think will help the recycling industry secure its future. For instance, with a little bit of financial support, we can create 2,300 direct jobs and a further 5,800 jobs in service and supply to the industry.
We think that’s worth getting excited about!
Check out the website here