Victoria has just gotten a new Minister for Water, Harriet Shing. We want to give her the opportunity to hear from Victorians about why they love their local river, so we can work together to ensure healthy, thriving waterways that support us all.
Fill in the form below to add your story.
Some things you could include:
- Where you live and what’s your local river
- Why your river is special – what trees or animals live there? Do you have a story or memory you’d like to tell?
- Any problems you’d like to see addressed on your river e.g. not enough water flowing through, pollution, riverbanks eroding etc.
- Anything from the State of the Environment report (released on Tuesday) that has concerned you. You can read the full report here or a snapshot from The Guardian here.
- If you are involved in a local group working to protect your river. What kind of things do you do?
- The more personal the better!