Welcome to our Annual Report
At Environment Victoria, we have a vision of Victoria being a global leader and national catalyst for solving our climate and sustainability crises.
This year we made some serious progress towards achieving this vision:
- Environment Victoria’s biggest ever volunteer-led state election campaign made 100,000 clean energy calls and texts to undecided voters in key electorates. The Victorian state election delivered a significant shift in support for renewable energy and action to address global warming.
- Victorian government committed to half-price solar for 700,000 homes and then another 50,000 rental homes.
- We delayed the proposed gas import terminal in Westernport Bay twice.
- We established a deep organising program in the Latrobe Valley to support the transition to a just, sustainable economy.
- We secured a stronger Environmental Protection Authority with a mandate to be a more forceful watchdog to cut pollution across the state, including greater powers for communities to enforce pollution laws.
- The first auction under the Victorian Renewable Energy Target delivered 938 megawatts worth of new projects, 50 percent more than the government’s original commitment.
- Our work with partner organisations in the One Million Homes Alliance secured a commitment to energy efficiency standards for all rental properties across the state.
None of this would have been possible without the generosity of thousands of people who contributed their time or money to caring for our environment, so thank you for your incredible support. Read more in our 2018-19 Annual Report below.
Read the Annual Report below or download it here.