Applications will be processed and sent to our insurer at set points through out the year as follows:
- Applications for the annual renewal, received by 10 July 2023 will be processed for the 28 August 2023 renewal
- Applications received after 10 July, and by 31 October, will be processed by the end of November
- Late applications received by 28 February will be processed for addition in March
The package includes:
- Public and product liability insurance ($20 million Australia-wide). This may be useful for groups booking or hiring public spaces, which sometimes requires insurance.
- Volunteers accident insurance. This may be useful for groups doing ‘on-ground’ environmental work, which may include tree planting, face painting, bush walking and associated travel.
Groups must be financial members of Environment Victoria to receive the insurance coverage. To sign up or renew your membership, click here >>
To cover the costs equitably, we are operating a tiered fee system:
|Number of Members & Volunteers
|0 – 40
|41 – 200
|201 and above
In most cases, joining Environment Victoria’s coverage will be much cheaper than getting separate coverage for your group.
How to apply
There are three steps:
Please read through the ‘Important Information’ document about group insurance.
Download Important Information (PDF)
Download and complete the Application Form.
Download Application Form (PDF)
Send your completed form to Environment Victoria
Email email@example.com with the completed form attached as a Word document or PDF. Please use the subject line ‘Group Insurance’.
Or post the completed form to:
PO Box 12575 A’Beckett Street
Victoria, Australia 8006