The group was initially founded in 1973 as the Rockbeare Park Conservation Group, which was formed to preserve and rehabilitate Rockbeare Park, one of the earliest suburban parks in Australia, dating back to 1929. The group was instrumental in establishing the current large park through submissions to local, state and federal governments to purchase adjoining land on the Darebin side of the creek. The DPA continues to play an important role in maintaining and improving the park.
Phone: +61 0409 623 044
Address: PO Box 3, Ivanhoe, 3079