- The Basin’s Broken-Boosey State Park is a unique linear corridor spanning 1030 hectares along the Broken, Nine Mile and Boosey Creeks.
- It supports diverse and significant fauna and flora, including threatened species such as the Silver Perch, Macquarie Perch and Murray Cod.
- When flowing at its maximum capacity, the Broken River is the fastest river in Australia, however over summer-periods the flow falters, revealing to deep pools joined by thin runs, and in droughts it reduces further to isolated water holes.
- While it is natural for the river to experience significantly reduced flows during summer months, ongoing and severely-reduced flows seriously compromise the health of the Broken River.
- To increase the Broken River’s annual flow from ‘poor’ to ‘moderate’, the River needs an additional 3,000 GL per year.
People who love and depend on the Broken River have many memories and insights to share.